Login Register

Seaside roar into quarters

By Llanelli Star  |  Posted: February 06, 2013

Comments (0)

TRAILING to an early goal, Seaside battled back to beat Pembrokeshire League visitors Hakin United 4-1 to reach the quarter-finals of the Tony Nakonecznyj Insurance Brokers West Wales Intermediate Cup.

Ashley Bevan gave the visitors the lead, but Seaside got back on terms in the 11th minute.

Lee Stone set up the chance for Robert Thomas, who saw his shot come back off the keeper to Bruno Farkouh, who headed the ball in from six yards.

And within two minutes the home team were ahead, Dai Hughes heading home a Lee Stone corner at the near post.

Related content

The second half belonged to Seaside, and when Robert Thomas was fouled by the keeper in the 65th minute the referee pointed to the spot. Steve Stone gave the keeper no chance with his penalty.

With Hakin now pushing forward it left holes in their defence, and in the 70th minute Robert Thomas capped a fine display by rounding the keeper to make the final score 4-1.

In one of three games in the premier division of the LTC Mobility Carmarthenshire League, there was an amazing scoreline as Evans & Williams beat visiting Ponthenri 8-0. There was a hat-trick for Johnny Thomas.

Since Ponthenri have done so well since being promoted to the top flight, the size of the defeat was a big surprise.

The Ponthenri defence didn't help their cause by scoring two own goals. Johnny Perrott scored twice, and there was another for Dan Thomas as Evans & Williams produced an outstanding performance, and if it wasn't for the woodwork it could have been a dozen.

Loughor Rovers were 2-0 down at one stage of the clash at Pengelli United but hit back to win a thriller 3-2.

All the Loughor goals were scored in the last 20 minutes, with left-back Ashley Lewis pulling one back in the 70th minute.

Matthew Hurford equalised in the 78th minute, and in the 85th minute Loughor were ahead for the first time in the match.

The hero was second-team striker Andrew Woods, who netted from a cross by Dan Hurford after coming on as a substitute.

In the only other game played in the top flight, Dafen drew 1-1 with visiting Camford Sports.

After going behind to a goal from Scott Evans in the 55th minute, Paul Fowler rescued a point for Camford with a brilliant 20-yard free-kick. Scott Evans was red-carded late in the game.

Promotion-chasing Tumble United are unbeaten in eight league games after another deserved 4-2 win away to Trostre Sports in division one.

All the goals were scored in the second half, and it was Tumble who struck first when the referee pointed to the spot for a foul on Peter Raynor.

Jonathan Stockwell netted the penalty, and soon after it was 2-0.

Also on target for Tumble were Raynor, substitute Adam Butler and Leighton Hewitt. The inspirational Butler was the driving force as Tumble pushed forward in the second half, while Brett Enoch was also outstanding.

There wasn't any cheer for Burry Port, who lost 3-1 at Killay. After being a goal behind at the break, Joe Pullman equalised from a tight angle for Port in the 55th minute.

Second division CK Swiss Valley hosted leaders Carmarthen Town Reserves, and found themselves a goal behind in the first couple of minutes.

Nicky Thomas netted from a flick on by Dan Ramsey, and the same player doubled the advantage in the 13th minute.

And Thomas scored another two in the second half in helping Town to a 7-2 win. Anthony Evans, Jody Thomas and Ian Barrett inflicted more misery on the home team.

For Drefach it continues to be a struggle, although the 5-1 defeat at home to Garden Village doesn't do justice to their performance.

After playing second fiddle in the early exchanges and going a goal behind in the 20th minute, Drefach battled back to make it 1-1 at half-time. Gareth Jones capitalised on a poor clearance in the 40th minute.

Just when it looked as if Drefach were right back in it they conceded a couple of soft goals in the first 10 minutes of the second half and it was game over.

Drefach did have the chance of a consolation goal late on, but Johnny Lloyd blasted his penalty attempt over the bar.

There was a welcome three points for Penyfan United, who accounted for visiting Llandeilo Town 1-0. The winning goal was scored on the half-hour by Craig Fisher, who blasted his shot into the back of the net.

In division three, Chris Osborne struck with a hat-trick in helping Greenfield Rovers climb to the top of the table following a 6-1 win at home to KRUF.

It was one-way traffic for most of the 90 minutes, and three more goals were added by Daniel Geary, Kevin Davies, and Gareth Hatto.

Bancffosfelen produced a solid performance and thoroughly deserved their 4-0 win in the away clash against Porth Tywyn.

Lee Mandry capped an outstanding display by netting twice, while Aled Owens and Lee Williams also scored.

In the best of the action in reserve division three, Chris Williams netted a hat-trick for Bancffosfelen in the 5-2 win at home to Llangennech. Darren Evans and Keith Evans also scored.

Read more from Llanelli Star

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters